thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:08:43 PM
Found this, you all may have seen it, but a lot of great pictures here, some shows that have been out of business for a while too, some great old rides.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/godzilla40/albums 
ridejocky
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:57:53 PM
Nice! Great pictures of the Turbo, Toboggan & a nice old steel-tub puss, first major I ever worked on. Nice step up from the tubs & bulgy...
Ride the Zipper?
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:23:24 PM

Reithoffer is looking good at New Mexico. I like how they have the welcome to the state fair signs on their rides.
RodB
ridejocky
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:29:48 PM
Nice pics of Davis Amuments too.

To badge does not seem to make it back east...
Ride the Zipper?
ridejocky
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:31:19 PM
Anyone seen links to any of Atlas’s spots?

Wonder what happened to all his stuff...
Ride the Zipper?
IndianaTED
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 9:30:41 PM
Love the 8-armed Spider in the Funtastics album. Not sure why more weren't built?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
ridejocky
Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:05:10 AM
I wonder if it was a converted puss?

The light can is off a puss...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:10:10 AM
Was looking at B&B Amusements, real shame what happened, that was a nice looking show at least in the pictures.

There is a lot of great old iron in those pictures, yeah I liked that 16 seat Puss as well, didn't Big A have one of those one time, or was it just a Spider?

Really liked some of those old classic kiddie rides they had in there as well.
mikecroaro
Monday, September 3, 2018 12:18:17 PM
That's John Toomey. He provides a lot of pictures to carnival magazine and this website.

They're all great pictures. Both large shows and small shows. Really like the Diver on Pacific Coast Shows.

Mike
ridejocky
Monday, September 3, 2018 9:28:53 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Was looking at B&B Amusements, real shame what happened, that was a nice looking show at least in the pictures.

There is a lot of great old iron in those pictures, yeah I liked that 16 seat Puss as well, didn't Big A have one of those one time, or was it just a Spider?

Really liked some of those old classic kiddie rides they had in there as well.

There were a lot of 16 tub puss’s I’ve never seen a 16 tub spider until that photo...
Ride the Zipper?
John240
Monday, September 17, 2018 8:46:13 PM
Hey MCW;

Glad you like my photos...I got a late start on getting photos on Flickr this year, but I'll be getting my first couple of albums out there right away, with more to come in the coming months!

Thanks again!

John