Tornado
Friday, October 19, 2018 12:32:25 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Was that Billy Truax?

Possibly, name sounds about right, but I'm not 100%...
Tornado
Friday, October 19, 2018 12:35:49 PM

Was that Billy Truax?

Used to see it every year at the Westchester County Fair with Conklin.
Believe he also had a Dark Ride (Horror Haven or something like that) as well. Maybe even one or two other pieces as well...
ridejocky
Friday, October 19, 2018 2:37:15 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Used to see it every year at the Westchester County Fair with Conklin.
Believe he also had a Dark Ride (Horror Haven or something like that) as well. Maybe even one or two other pieces as well...

Guy I knew had a bumper-boat in '88 and was moving the wheel for Strates that same year.

Ride the Zipper?
IndianaTED
Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:38:40 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

If you are talking about the Holiday Bounce/Custard/Defender not sure what happened, my fear is that it is sitting in a yard somewhere rotting away, or worse that its already been scrapped. Would love to see that ride back on the road, would love to own it. I would like to theme it back to Holiday Bounce with a lot of 70s Disco stuff, that and a Cortina Bobs.

I don't have the time to search for it right now, but I thought there was a discussion a few years ago about the Holiday Bounce and that it had met its fate and was scrapped. :(

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Monday, October 22, 2018 6:56:20 AM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

I don't have the time to search for it right now, but I thought there was a discussion a few years ago about the Holiday Bounce and that it had met its fate and was scrapped. :(

It may have, but I thought at one time there were two on the road here in North America, maybe not.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, November 5, 2018 9:30:32 PM

If you are talking about the Holiday Bounce/Custard/Defender not sure what happened, my fear is that it is sitting in a yard somewhere rotting away, or worse that its already been scrapped. Would love to see that ride back on the road, would love to own it. I would like to theme it back to Holiday Bounce with a lot of 70s Disco stuff, that and a Cortina Bobs.

Not the Holiday Bounce. Conklin also had a tip top was show owned not an independent.
BeauceCarnavalMan
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:13:23 AM

Was that Billy Truax?

Yes, believe it was.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:14:31 AM

Guy I knew had a bumper-boat in '88 and was moving the wheel for Strates that same year.

I thought the guy with the Bumper Boats also had the Cortina Bobs, saw both of them in Anderson in '85.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:02:09 PM
Wasn't the Cortina with Strates the one Kenny Detty owned?
ridejocky
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:02:25 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

I remember Kenny having a sleigh ride with Strates, but I was thinking it was themed “Snoball Express”, but everyone tells me I’m wrong, so I don’t know

Ride the Zipper?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:39:52 PM
Lauthers had a Snoball Express with Conklin at one time. Cortina Bobs played Hamburg, NY & Syracuse with Strates around 1985. Think it may have gone to Gaithersburg, MD with Strates for a year or two after that and then to Syracuse.
Tornado
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:05:10 PM

the year Reithoffer had the NC state fair Kenny Detty traveled wiht them for the year with the Cortina Bobs and a great looking Round-Up...
It played the Champlain Valley Expo/fair in Essex Junction VT along with Staten Island.
ringmaster
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:23:43 PM

Far as I know both Holliday Bounces were scrapped.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, December 3, 2018 6:55:35 PM

Lauthers had a Snoball Express with Conklin at one time. Cortina Bobs played Hamburg, NY & Syracuse with Strates around 1985. Think it may have gone to Gaithersburg, MD with Strates for a year or two after that and then to Syracuse.

Lauthers had it on Conklin until then end.
BeauceCarnavalMan