rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 2:05:44 PM

Anyone ever recall two shows from the same state ceasing operations in the same year as they have in Ohio this year?
RodB
thunderbolt85
Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:05:38 AM
I haven't ever heard of that, but I figure it did open up a lot of spots to be had.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:42:31 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I haven't ever heard of that, but I figure it did open up a lot of spots to be had.

Yes and maybe some other fairs losing their current midway provider if the contract is expired.
RodB
Carnivalbuff
Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:50:16 PM
What are the names of the two shows?
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:42:20 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

What are the names of the two shows?

Bates Amusements and Kissel Brothers
RodB
Carnivalbuff
Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:56:01 PM
And they both went out of business? That is surprising to have happen. Thank you.
carnivalguy135
Monday, January 21, 2019 10:26:22 AM
From what i Heard on Facebook Kissel Downsized but did not go out of Business they just play small church and Fireman's Festival's Now.
mgr man
Friday, January 25, 2019 8:40:56 PM
I was at one spot,kissel Bros was there. But I heard the same thing they downsized to play smaaler events.
cny_chris
Sunday, January 27, 2019 5:52:44 PM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Bates Amusements and Kissel Brothers

Bates Amusements last season was 2017.

Kissel Bros just downsized to smaller events.

The expenses keep going up, the revenue doesn't keep pace, and in the end it is a business...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
thunderbolt85
Monday, January 28, 2019 6:34:16 AM
Originally Posted by: cny_chris 

Bates Amusements last season was 2017.

Kissel Bros just downsized to smaller events.

The expenses keep going up, the revenue doesn't keep pace, and in the end it is a business...

A ride gross can only go so far, shows have lost a lot of revenue (it seems) by not being able to sell lots of real estate like back in the old days, and yeah costs are getting out of hand. Its a sorry deal that shows have to spend all this money to put digital log books in trucks for one. Insurance, and the cost of rides is out of hand as well.

That's just my take on it, some of you all may know a lot more, but we have got to find more streams of revenue.

I really miss the small regional shows around here, we used to have 5 or 6 in the south, now there is very few, but I understand, costs are just so high.
ridejocky
Monday, January 28, 2019 7:44:42 AM
Yeah, the days of 80-100 hours a week for $125 and a $20/spot driving bonus are over.

Drugs ruined the industry...
Ride the Zipper?