DJ Gray
  •  DJ Gray
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Sunday, September 4, 2011 10:44:01 AM
I was looking at some History of the Blue Hill Fair at a booth yesterday, and they had a few old posters of the Queen City Shows being the provider for the Blue Hill Fair. I had never heard of this show but did know that in the 70's Ace Amusements provided the Blue Hill Fair with alot of pieces booked in. Was wondering if anyone had info on Queen City Shows in the New England Area????/
Ridee-O
Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:06:19 PM
[dunno] I know I've met people that have woked on that show but that was a while ago. The show was from Maine ,past Bar Harbor, can't remember the exact town.I beleive the line up was: Eli #5, Merry-go-Round, Chairplane, Spin-a-roo, 2 kiddie rides , and funhouse(?)wish I could remember more!!
DJ Gray
  •  DJ Gray
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:15:13 PM
Ridee-o, Thanks thats more information that I have ever had. My Dad told me years ago about a show that used to store equipment way downeast,(Calais) but sometime in the late 60's the building they used burned and most of the equipment was lost. I will have to keep researching, Thanks again
bubblegum
Monday, March 31, 2014 7:20:12 PM
Queen City Shows was originally out of Brewer, Maine. She went out of business in the late 60's. Ace Amusement took a lot of her spots. They also had the old wooden bullplate tilt. She had a lot of older equipment and when she got older she just closed up shop. Ace Amusements was owned and operated by Tommy Devieto who used to have the floss joint on King Reid Show.