Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, August 26, 2016 10:23:51 AM
Back in the late 1970s or early 1980s, there were stands that were at fairs, carnivals, parks, on the boardwalks, etc. where you would pose for a photo and they would print it out right there on a dot matrix printer. I think later, these stands expanded to things like T-shirts and other souvenir type items. I am just looking for some information on these type of set ups. Is there any photos? What kind of equipment was used? Any information at all. I was just discussing this with someone and we are trying to find answers.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 26, 2016 10:46:02 AM

i remember one down at Myrtle Beach. black and white. similar one on one of the American Pickers show. went to two weddings this summer and they were using a similar operation for guest photos. 4 on a sheet with whatever pose you wanted. similar to the old ones except these were in color. look at the light and smile.
ringmaster
Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:26:07 PM
I remember seeing one in Louisville KYSF 2001, using an all in one printer. The transfer paper is sold at bussiness supply shops very cheaply. Ypu'll need a shirt press.
The modern way to go is the Rouch 3000, which prints photo brillent quality, directly on the garment in 30 seconds. Not as cheap but no need to press. I haven't seen one in a mugg joint, yet.