Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:39:37 AM
Does anyone know if the following are still in the carnival business and where they may be? Joe Tellone (Sunshine Shows), Larry Carr, and Randy (Red) Roach?
thunderbolt85
Monday, June 25, 2018 6:40:47 AM
I believe Carr is out as a show owner now, not sure if he sold his equipment or not, however he may still be in show business doing something else.

Not sure about Roach or Sunshine, matter of fact I was wondering if J&J Amusements is still around or not.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:32:49 AM
gmonty3
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:17:05 AM
Roach and his show, Magic Midway, played the Rockbridge Regional Fair at the Virginia Horse Center last year. If you are not aware, this is very close to Lexington, VA... the home of the illustrious "Red Hen" restaurant. This is a "Blank"! I played it with Deggeller the very first 2-years back in the early 90's. One would have thought that it was going to be the next "Virginia State Fair", the way the committee advertised this new fair. The show opened at 11:00 am and everyone sat idle until 5:00 pm. I also played it twice with RC Cole. Still a blank! It's my understanding that the only rides that will be at this so called fair in 2018 are several Moon Walks from a local promoter.

There may be another Sunshine Shows, but the show by that name that I'm familiar with was owned by a 40-miler from Staunton, VA by the name of John Eckard. Eckard sold his show to Little Richard Thomas. Eckard's widow was one of the best Basketball agents I have ever seen!
Monty

Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:00:58 AM
Thank you for that follow up information. Very informative.