Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 27, 2018 7:46:51 PM
I don’t know if any of you have seen, but Kissel has redone their Thunderbolt and renamed it Matterhorn. Completely different theming. Very Himalaya-like. Looks cool. Reminds me of Astro’s old Amor Express. Looked very similar. Old school. It’s on their website, but there’s a picture of it completed with a new sign. I’ll see if my wife can copy and paste it. She’s the computer genius in the family. Also...Wisdom has come out with a Bob’s style Himalaya...called fast and furious. Looks identical to their Himalaya, only Flying Bobs style.
Erik9976
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:41:39 AM
Kissel Entertainment. Not Kissel Bros
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:39:39 AM
IndianaTED
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:06:58 AM
Yeah, I've seen the pic. It does look great, especially the new sign.

The new Wisdom Fast and Furious just doesn't have it. I understand what they were trying to accomplish, but this model misses the mark.

I'm old school, and never been a fan of the Wisdom one-trailer Himalayas, but still better to have one of those on your midway, than none at all.

...just really respect the Shows that carry the two (or more) trailer rides. They are getting less and less.

Even the Indiana State Fair hasn't had a "true" Himalaya-type since Farrow had the contract...probably back in the early 2000s.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:46:59 AM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

Yeah, I've seen the pic. It does look great, especially the new sign.

The new Wisdom Fast and Furious just doesn't have it. I understand what they were trying to accomplish, but this model misses the mark.

I'm old school, and never been a fan of the Wisdom one-trailer Himalayas, but still better to have one of those on your midway, than none at all.

...just really respect the Shows that carry the two (or more) trailer rides. They are getting less and less.

Even the Indiana State Fair hasn't had a "true" Himalaya-type since Farrow had the contract...probably back in the early 2000s.

Man, I can remember up to 4 music rides at our fair back in the late 70s and even the 80s at times. Super Himalaya, Cortina Bobs, no top Music Express, and Flying Bobs all in one year.

When Strates came to Anderson we always had 3 most years.

I would just be happy to see a Bobs and Himi at any good size event........with hills.

That being said, just saying I am old school as well, but have respect for those great operators who know how to "talk" to the crowds like justinjames on the one trailer models. I watched videos of his ride and he and his crew do an outstanding job.
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:09:20 PM
I totally agree with everything you guys say. Absolutely love the 2 truck Himalaya and Bobs. Good ole Salt Water Himalaya.
JustinJames
Saturday, September 1, 2018 1:49:35 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

That being said, just saying I am old school as well, but have respect for those great operators who know how to "talk" to the crowds like justinjames on the one trailer models. I watched videos of his ride and he and his crew do an outstanding job.

Your check is in the mail.
mgr man
Saturday, September 1, 2018 9:32:09 PM
We have Reithoffer at the Canfield Fair this year, and we have 3. The tidal wave, artic blast, and a wisdom Himalaya.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:27:28 AM
I like what they did to the Artic Blast (old Cat ride), it looks good, we had it for 3 years here while they were playing the Upper State Fair, no others. Sounds like you all have a nice midway up there in Canfield, just sorry it didn't work out down here, but I think AofA will turn this fair around.