thunderbolt85
Monday, September 10, 2018 7:27:09 AM
Went up to the mtn state fair on Friday, Drew had his flashy midway going strong and the fair had done some work to the ground for their 25th year (paving, etc). Big on local mountain music acts this year, which was nice.

A very nice fair, lots of homegrown stuff, arts and crafts, and nice crowds, feel very safe there, and great food.

Midway:

Astro Wheel
Himalaya
Matterhorn (beautiful ride, lots of lights and attention to details)
Wave Swinger
Vertigo
Sizzler
Pirate
Orbiter
Super Loops
X Factor
Surfer
Tornado
Wacky Worm
New York Taxi's (new bumper car, lots and lots of lights, really beautiful)
Black Forest
Clown glass house
Cyclops
1 MGR and lots of kiddies

Seattle Wheel, Tilt a Whirl, Clatterpiller and Umbrellas were not there.

CannonBall guy was there, some bounce slides and lots of good food and games.

Really impressed with Matterhorn, yeah a little smaller than original but doesn't matter, good hills and speed and someone that knows how to run it talking to the crowds. The Himi crew was doing a great job as well.

Astro wheel was impressive indeed, very well kept trailer and all, very clean and well lit. They had two steel water tanks on each side with cables to the axle for ballast and looked to be maybe 500 gallons each?
IndianaTED
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:05:08 AM
Astro Wheel?

Are you talking about a ferris wheel on a sky divers frame? I didn't know Drew had one of those.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:14:28 PM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

Astro Wheel?

Are you talking about a ferris wheel on a sky divers frame? I didn't know Drew had one of those.

Yes, that's the one, but I think he just booked it in to fill in for the Seattle Wheel.