ridejocky
  •  ridejocky
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:28:33 PM
Going to drive down to see Drew Sunday, October 7th.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:47:56 AM
Check out the Matterhorn, really nice looking piece and the new Bumper Cars....lots of lights.
ridejocky
  •  ridejocky
  • 100% (Exalted)
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:43:00 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Check out the Matterhorn, really nice looking piece and the new Bumper Cars....lots of lights.

Yeah, didn't know it was new, but the scooter was pretty big, didn't think to count the cars.

The Matterhorn looked pretty good, but having a bally cloth rather than scenery looked a little cheap, but I guess it's all about minimizing the loads. That was the nice think about being on Strates, not much concern about how many loads something took as long as it could go on the train...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:34:41 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Yeah, didn't know it was new, but the scooter was pretty big, didn't think to count the cars.

The Matterhorn looked pretty good, but having a bally cloth rather than scenery looked a little cheap, but I guess it's all about minimizing the loads. That was the nice think about being on Strates, not much concern about how many loads something took as long as it could go on the train...

Yeah thought about that as well, but you know I noticed the attention to detail with this one, like the snow panels in between the sweeps, and on the top panels. Not sure if this one is one load or two, but did see a picture of the center load with tubs hanging from top, so I figure its one load.

And with the big pieces Drew does carry and the fact he sold the other Bobs I just glad to see one back on the lot.
ridejocky
  •  ridejocky
  • 100% (Exalted)
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:12:23 PM

Yeah thought about that as well, but you know I noticed the attention to detail with this one, like the snow panels in between the sweeps, and on the top panels. Not sure if this one is one load or two, but did see a picture of the center load with tubs hanging from top, so I figure its one load.

And with the big pieces Drew does carry and the fact he sold the other Bobs I just glad to see one back on the lot.

I did not see it racked, but that's a lot of ride for one trailer. Tubs look like a lode themselves.

How old is it? Tubs were clean...

I took some pics but have no way of posting them...

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:06:02 AM
He just got it this year, back in the summer I believe, the bumper cars maybe were brand new at the MTN state fair, or that may have been the second spot for it.

Kinda hoping he buys another Tilt, that ride and some type of Scrambler (or Sizzler) just seem traditional on the midway.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:05:36 PM

I did not see it racked, but that's a lot of ride for one trailer. Tubs look like a lode themselves.

Check out RCS facebook page, they just got an IceJet, looks real sharp, maybe a little more scenery than the Matterhorn.
trucknut741
Monday, October 15, 2018 11:48:12 AM
the mattahorn is 1 1/2 loads and the bumpers cars was the first at the mountain start fair
JustinJames
Monday, October 15, 2018 1:43:46 PM

If the Matterhorn is racked similar to the Swing Buggy (Powers and Thomas) then the tubs hang from the main rafter truss above the sweeps across the length. Very interesting racking if it is similar.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:31:21 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

If the Matterhorn is racked similar to the Swing Buggy (Powers and Thomas) then the tubs hang from the main rafter truss above the sweeps across the length. Very interesting racking if it is similar.

I believe they do, saw a picture some where (of his) and they were hanging, just can't remember now, but it was the Matterhorn.
trucknut741
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:32:08 PM
yes they are hanging from the center truss seen it racked and when it was pulling on the lot at the mountain stat fair it looked liked and sounded like the tub were moving around posable banging one another but they had to jump the curvb were they were spotting it in the back end that maybe way they were moving around
ridejocky
  •  ridejocky
  • 100% (Exalted)
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:36:24 PM
How old is it? The tubs were in nice shape, so if they’re banging in the racks it doesn’t show...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:51:56 AM

How old is it? The tubs were in nice shape, so if they’re banging in the racks it doesn’t show...

They just got it this summer, and I believe it was straight from the factory.
ridejocky
  •  ridejocky
  • 100% (Exalted)
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:14:16 AM

They just got it this summer, and I believe it was straight from the factory.

Didn't look that new...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:09:33 AM

Didn't look that new...

Really, well looked pretty sharp in Asheville, all lights including on the tubs worked, scenery looked sharp, not sure what happened. I think it hit the road in May.