thunderbolt85
Friday, October 26, 2018 7:21:25 AM
So with the season getting close to the end, thought I would see if anyone had any good stories on that last spot of the season, trying to get everything into WQ, thoughts on staying or going home, bonus time and all that good stuff.

I know for me (and I best most of you) I always got that itch to get on the road in the spring, but on the same token I had an itch to get home and be done with the season as well for at least a few months.

For us, always cold those last few spots, hard to tear down when its really cold. One year on the last tear down I cracked my head on a Watkins Swinger and spent a few weeks healing that up.

Of course most of the time you could look forward to a bonus which was nice, but always hated see everyone part ways even if it was just for a few months. But there were projects to do in WQ and work to be done for the next year.

I know we all worked really fast to see who get their stuff down the quickest on the last night, everybody was ready to get home.

One year when we thought it was all done, our second unit concession manager decided he wanted to take out a small 10 ride unit to play in some parking lot on the rough side of town, of course the rides didn't make anything, we were sitting out in the cold and sometimes rain, but his joints (you know the ones) made some money.

So what have you, any good tales of grumpy carnies on a cold night tearing down lighting fast, or everything going wrong and that tear down turning into the longest one of the season?
IndianaTED
Sunday, October 28, 2018 10:00:58 PM
Also would like to hear about, if people are willing to share, projects that Shows are planning over the winter months.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.